The Office of Risk Management & Division of Safety's mission is to create and promote a safe and supportive work environment and reduce financial exposure throughout the City of Baltimore. Other responsibilities are as follows:
Analyze, coordinate and manage the following:
- Coordinate all City risk management programs
- Maintain information systems for claims management
- Forecast liability exposure
- Ensure that public and private groups have a positive service experience with City Risk Management staff
- Initiate and develop risk management policies and procedures
- Monitor, analyze and reassess loss experience and exposure
Commercial insurance programs
- Self-insurance fund
- Administer contracts with private vendors for the worker's compensation claims and health services.
- Assist with adjudication of worker's compensation and job-related injury claims.
- Conduct safety and accident prevention programs for City employees.